- "The magicks I used are very powerful. I'm very powerful. And maybe it's not such a good idea for you to piss me off."
- ―Willow Rosenberg
Willow Danielle Osbourne (née Rosenberg) was a witch native to Sunnydale, California and a founding member of the Scooby Gang. The best friend and semi-official sidekick of the Slayer, Buffy Summers, Willow started out as a meek and largely unassertive computer nerd, but eventually grew to be a powerful and authoritative individual.
Willow was introduced to the forces of magic by attempting a complex spell to re-ensoul Angel. To her own surprise, Willow tapped into considerable power during this ritual, and would come to practice witchcraft. Willow was quick to grasp basic spells and with support from her friend Tara Maclay, her powers blossomed even more rapidly. Milestones in her magical career include the enjoining spell, taking on the Hell-Goddess Glory and surviving, resurrecting Buffy Summers, nearly ending the world, activating the world's Potential Slayers and eventually, establishing herself as her dimension's most powerful witch. She is the wife of Daniel Osbourne.
- Genius-level intellect.
- Expert in computer hacking and robotics.
Though originally a perfectly normal human being, Willow's interest in - and practice of - witchcraft led her to ultimately blossom into a goddess-level witch whose powers are beyond imagination and far superior to even those of fully-trained natural-born witches. Examples of her numerous formidable abilities include:
- Perform all manner of spells, rituals, and transmogrifications independently or with the aid of others
- Project and perform incredible magical feats such as flight, telekinesis, telepathy, force field generation, portal-creation, photokinesis, electrokinesis, astral projection and regeneration by sheer force of will, and all to a highly advanced level.
During her brief period as a dark witch, Willow absorbed the magical energy from a number of spell books, Rack and the collective power of a coven from Devon. This gave her the following abilities:
- Storm-based teleportation and lightning generation
- Voice Manipulation
- Able to instantly make another person fall asleep
- Mind Control
- Advanced telekinesis
- Superhuman strength and complex combative skills
- World-wide Empathy
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Willow is a regular character for all seven seasons of the television series (1997-2003). Willow and Buffy are the only two characters who appear in all of the series' 144 episodes.
- "There's No Place Like Plrtz Glrb"
- "Bedknobs and Boomsticks"
- "Something Borrowed"
- "Give And Take"
Buffy Season 8
- The Long Way Home
- No Future for You
- Anywhere But Here
- A Beautiful Sunset (Only in flashbacks)
- Wolves at the Gate
- Time of Your Life
- After These Messages ... We'll Be Right Back!
- Predators and Prey
- Last Gleaming
Buffy Season 9
- Slayer, Interrupted
- The Watcher
- The Core, Part One to Three
Angel & Faith
- Women of a Certain Age
- Family Reunion
- Death and Consequences, Part Four (only in flashbacks)
- All five issues
- Willow & Tara
- Wicked Willow