- "For a thousand years I wielded the power of the wish. I brought ruin upon the heads of unfaithful men. I offered destruction and chaos for the pleasure of the Lower Beings. I was feared and worshiped across the mortal globe and now I'm stuck at Sunnydale High! A mortal! A child! And I'm flunking math."
Anya Christina Emmanuella Jenkins was a member of the "Scooby Gang" and a former vengeance demon. Over a thousand years old, she was originally known as Aud and lived in Sweden. After cursing her unfaithful lover, Aud was approached by the demon D'Hoffryn with the offer of becoming an immortal demon and dedicating her life to vengeance. She accepted and was transformed into Anyanka, earning the title of Patron Saint Of The Women Scorned as she spent a millennium granting dark wishes to the girlfriends and wives of men.
However, Anyanka met her downfall in 1998 when she took the guise of Anya Emerson and came to grant a wish in Sunnydale. Stripped of her demonhood by an alternate version of Rupert Giles, she lost her powers and was forced to live the rest of her life as the human Anya Emerson. Then later on, she invented the name Anya Christina Emanuella Jenkins which she used from then on as a mortal human.
In an ironic twist, she even came to fall in love with Xander Harris, the man she was sent to destroy, and through him learned true happiness for the first time. Before the battle against Glory in a successful effort to save Dawn 's life, Xander and Anya got engaged; but Xander told Anya that he did not want to get married straight away. In 2003, Anya was killed in the battle which destroyed the Sunnydale Hellmouth.
- Knowledge of demons as a thousand-year vengeance demon.
- Experience in witchcraft and sorcery.
- Skilled in combat due to her time as a vengeance demon.
- Fluency in several languages (such as Old Norse, English, French, and Latin).
- Vengeance demon form granted her superhuman strength, some form of invulnerability, telekinesis, teleportation, regenerative powers, the ability to assume human shape, the power to grant wishes, the psychic ability to "hear" the "cry of vengeance" of wronged women and sense the presence of souls, and the capacity to manipulate reality.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- "The Wish"
- "The Prom"
- "Graduation Day, Part One"
- "The Harsh Light of Day"
- "Fear, Itself", "Pangs"
- "Something Blue"
- "A New Man"
- "The I in Team"
- "Goodbye Iowa"
- "Where the Wild Things Are"
- "New Moon Rising"
- "The Yoko Factor"
- "Restless" (Only in a dream)
- Anya appears in all episodes of Season 5 to 7, with the expection of "Normal Again", "Help", "Conversations with Dead People" and "Dirty Girls".